Elinchrom Quadra

Filed under: , , , by:

Just got Elinchrom Quadra with A head. A head is for action which I need for indoor sports. Also purchased Elinchrom Quadra reflector adapter (another $119) so that I can use various Elinchrom light modifier such as medium octa and beauty dish. I've been using Alienbees with Vegabond for portable lighting system and it was us killing me and my assistant because it was too heavy. Quadra is a lot lighter and it's compact. 400W power is plenty for indoor but not enough to overpower the sun.
Here, my assistant is holding Quadra system no problem. David is really happy with this and now we can work very quickly especially on wedding day. It's got LED modeling light which is daylight balanced. Now we can shoot video with 5D Mark II in very dark environment. I have to use Elinchrom umbrella because Elinchrom adapter won't take standard size umbrella. In this image I put 1/2 CTO gel.
Quadra doesn't come with flash tube cover. Right now, I can carrying Quadra system on my think tank airport security 2.0. It's prefect size for powerpack and head.