Daylight Portrait

Filed under: , , , , , by:

Had a photo shoot around 2 at the small park. We had little cloud and plenty of sunshine. I don't like to use daylight as a main light source. It causes deep shadow and round the eyes are always dark. I moved the subject next to the tree so that my small flash didn't have to work too hard. I had my trusty 1D Mark III with 24-70 and lighting gear was canon 580 EXII + pocket wizard II.
Nick wanted to have portfolio with strong muscular image. I could have used two light source with grids from behind act as a kicker light and use a beauty dish as a main light source. This will require large lighting gear + 1 assistant. In this shot, however, I used just 1 light source with shoot through umbrella just outside of the frame: soft yet directional lighting.
Last image was shot with my Canon 85 1.2 L lens which I love. No lighting what so ever.
The whole session was done less than 15 min.